Willow Hollow Collection by Kim Diehl

I love springtime! Wildflower season in Texas is my favorite time of year. I'm fortunate that I live near a city park that gets planted with millions of wildflower seeds each year and has acres of fields full of wildflowers every spring. I love going to this field for quilt photos whenever the flowers are in bloom.


I received the Willow Hollow Collection by Kim Diehl for Henry Glass Fabrics to sew as my my ambassador project for Jaftex for the month of May. When I received the collection, I immediately fell in love with the colors. I love teals and blues and these were just so beautiful. I initially had a different quilt pattern  in mind for my project, but thought I'd look to see what quilt designs had been designed just for the collection. Fabric companies typically release a free pattern or two with a collection and there are some great free ones out there. However, this time I saw that there was also an additional pattern designed for this collection that would be for sale and I fell in love with it. It's the Flower Peddler by Kim Diehl. I did make some minor modifications to the pattern for my quilt. 


This quilt was so fun to make but did take some time. I had to put the pieces on my design wall to make sure I was mixing the shade of blue evenly with the shades of teal. I quilted my quilt on my Tin Lizzie using a variegated thread and used a fan pantograph on my machine. 


I used the Blue Moire Strips pattern from the collection as the binding. I love a good striped binding. 


I was gifted a whole bolt of Anna Maria Horner's Fluent Passport wideback and used it for the back of my Flower Peddler Quilt.


I love how the backing picks up the blues and teals from the quilt and adds a  bold and vibrant splash of color to the back.


I loved making this quilt. The fabrics are just beautiful and the quilt pattern was a pleasure to sew.

Follow me on Instagram and Facebook!


No comments:

Post a Comment