Wardrobe by Me Wardrobe Builder Tee

I love all of the patterns I have tested for Christina Albeck of Wardrobe by Me, but this one is such a staple. A tee with so many variations in neckline, side ruching, straight or curved hem, two lengths, many sleeve lengths - it's over 100 variations you can make! What's best is the tee is very easy and quick to sew. You can make one in a hour - easily. That includes putting the pattern together and cutting fabric.

The pattern is on sale for $7 for one week only - ends next Friday. Buy it HERE. There is also a giveaway to win a free copy. Enter HERE!

The first one I made was a v-neck with ruching on one side and the regular length. I made it using a remnant I bought at Wherehouse Fabric in Dallas for $2.50.

The neck one I made was the scoop neck, long length with side ruching. This fabric came from Jo-Ann's and was on the markdown rack for $3/yard.

The last one I made was scoop neck, long length with curved hem. I made it with a light weight ITY knit that I got at Wherehouse Fabrics for $2.50.

I love all 3 and will definitely make a few more in a shorter sleeve length when spring and summer come around.

Duck Butt Designs - WHiPP

I recently tested a pattern for Duck Butt Designs (DBD). This was my first time testing for Katie Wilson, but not my first time sewing a DBD pattern. I've made several of the DBD Treasure Pocket Tee's. See post HERE for the blog on it.

This pattern is the Women's Hourglass Panel Pullover (WHiPP). Use the code WHIPITGOOD for 25% off through Wednesday (01/27). Buy it HERE.

I also recommend joining the Duck Butt Designs Sew and Chat on Facebook. They have sew-a-longs and some free patterns. Plus - you will hear about sales and upcoming new patterns.

It was so much fun testing for Katie - AND I inspired a pattern mod. A friend at work had asked me to "fix" a shirt that was too small - and she needed it the next day. Katie had just posted the pattern in the tester group and I thought -it's perfect. The pattern called for a straight hem, but I kept the original curved hem of the shirt.

Here is the shirt that was too small.

So here are all  my pieces cut out.

I sewed the side panels to the front panel.

Topstitched all me seams with my coverstitch.

Then I made the yoke.

I sewed the sleeves to the yoke. Then sewed the body to the yoke.

Here is the now bigger concert tee. It turned out super cute!

Back side.

I thought it turned out so good and the fit was good (my friend is a little thinner than me). I was hesitant to post in the tester group - since I kinda went off on my own and didn't follow the pattern. But I loved it and it looked great - so I posted it. And thankfully Katie loved it and decided it needed to be a mod.

But now it was time to make the real deal. Here are all my pieces.

 I love this Alex Grey print from Pink Zeppelin. I've been hoarding a yard for something special, and bought a flawed remnant not too long ago. So I decided to use my flawed piece for this top.

The Alex Grey print is so bold - I needed something to go with it that was equally vivid. So I chose this Spirograph print from MK Designs. Isn't it so cool?

I also needed a solid to tone things down and ground it all - so I used this bright blue supplex from Zenith & Quasar. Here is my front panel sewn together with the side panels.

Topstitching thanks to my coverstitch.

Adding the back panel.

Back side with coverstitching.

The yoke.

Time to add the sleeves.

One sleeve down - one to go.

Now to stitch the side seams of the sleeves and the yoke (pattern directions have changes and not done this way).

Look at my perfect seam!

Yoke is done.  Then I added the body - but my photos of that magically disappeared (or I forgot to take them).

Here I am in my "wild" WHiPP -

Then I made another. This time with a curved hem and a cowl. I love cowl necks. This one is a little long on me and really needed a belt to make it look great on me. Otherwise - I looked a little slouchy.

 And that crazy fabric you see - It's from KNITorious and called marbelized.

I love this top! And it's actually a pretty quick sew. What's best is I can use a fat half for the front and back panels. And it has the option of side pockets, a hood, and pieced sleeves.

Wardrobe by Me - Hanna with Smoogie - Paris Chic

I've done many pattern tests for Wardrobe by me. This time I was just sewing one of Christina's patterns for fun. This is the Hanna. It's a knit top or dress - I, of course, chose the top.

I had purchased this beautiful Paris Chic fabric from Smoogie a few months ago and decide it would be the perfect Hanna. I only purchased a yard, so I decided to pair it with this pink knit I got at C&C Fabrics in the Dallas Fabric district for $1/yard.

The first step was to make the neckline.

Then, I sewed the bodice at the shoulders.

Then I basted the bottom of the neckline to the front of the top.

Then I clipped the corners and pinned the neckline on the rest of the way around.

I then basted it on then went over it with my serger.

Finished neckline.

Now I sewed the "skirt" pieces together to make the peplum. I made a front and a back.

I then gathered the bodice on the part marked on the pattern. I then serged the skirt front and back onto the bodice front and back.

Then I sewed up the side seams of the skirt and bodice.

Then I added the sleeves.

I added print cuffs to my sleeves.

Here I am in my finished Hanna.

I'm a little short for the pattern. I need to remove the skirt from the bodice and remove about 1 - 1.5 inches from the bodice and then reattach the skirt so that the gathers on the bodice are under my bust and not almost at my waist.

I think it turned out lovely and can't wait for spring to wear it.

Featured Post

Sew it Yourself MLM company clothing

If haven't heard of MLM companies that sell clothes, I'm guessing you have seen it, but didn't know it. It seems to be EVERYWHER...