Duck Butt Designs - Treasure Pocket Tee and Sweet n Charmed - Harry Potter Strike Off

This was my first time sewing a strike off for Sweet n' Charmed. I've bought from them numerous times. They have some wonderful prints and their cotton lycra is wonderful. I was chosen to sew an extra panel they had and was also sent a very small amount of the coordinate. The pre-order for this fabric closes on January 10th.

The panel was printed at an angle so I had to find a pattern that would disguise the flaw. I decided to use the Duck Butt Designs Treasure Pocket Tee (TPT) and use the panel for the curved piece and not make it with a pocket.  This is probably the 8th TPT I have made. I love this pattern!

Here are all my pieces cut out. I used some rainbow colored stripe I got from Golden D'or from a scrap bag dirt cheap. I think it goes nicely with the panel. I also used some solid black and blue cotton lycra from Made Whimsy - love their 12 oz solids


Here is the panel and coordinate. I love the pattern and colors of the coordinate.


First I assembled my sleeves. I used the coordinate for the middle piece. I serged them together.


And I topstitched the seams with my coverstitch.


Then I serged the curved panel piece to the top


Then topstitched the seam with my coverstitch.


Then I sewed the arms to the front and then to the back. This is what it looked like laid out flat.


Then I sewed up the side seams of the arms and body of the shirt. Then I sewed the neck band on and hemmed the sleeves and shirt.


Here is the finished top. I'm very happy with the final product.





No comments:

Post a Comment