Itch to Stitch Paro Cardigan

Kennis Wong of Itch to Stitch designs patterns that I find myself making over and over again. Her latest pattern is no exception. I love cardigans - especially in the spring and summer when it can be freezing in the building I work in. The Paro Cardigan is just perfect and will be a staple in my wardrobe.

The Paro Cardigan is on Sale for $8. The cardigan is designed for 2-way stretch knits with 25% stretch. The cardigan features a waistband and neckband that can be made in a contrasting fabric.

I always make a muslin of any pattern just as it's drafted - not making any adjustments to account for my short stature. I made my muslin using an interesting knit I got for $1/yard at Golden D'or.


The weather in Texas has been pretty wild lately and it was unbelievably windy the day I tried to get these photos. I had not added a button to this cardigan when I took these photos.


I love that this cardigan looks great open and loose for a more casual look.


The pleats in the front and back of the Paro Cardigan are perfect. They give me more than enough ease in my hips while not adding any bulk. The photo below is to show you the degree of wind I was dealing with.


After I made my muslin, I took the pattern and made a few adjustments - mainly I took 1.5" out of the upper bodice. I kept the length of the skirt portion the same.


I love the Paro Cardigan buttoned up. It defines the waist and looks more sophisticated.


I wore this version with a tank top and I love the amount of coverage the cardigan gives me when it's buttoned.


This fabric is from Zenith & Quasar. This print is based on drawings by Ernst Haeckel from 1904. You can read about the lithograph HERE. This fabric will be available for purchase soon on an athletic brushed poly base that's incredibly soft and luxurious.


Here's a close up of some of the pleats on the front of the Paro Cardigan.


It took me approximately 4 hours to make this cardigan from printing the pattern to sewing on the button. This pattern is an intermediate level, but can be easily managed by the adventurous beginner. The pattern is well drafted and the pieces go together perfectly. I highly recommend, not only this pattern, but all of the patterns offered by Itch to Stitch.

If you enjoyed my blog, follow me on Instagram and Facebook. Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment