Starfluffle Fabrics - Nautical Prints

There have been a lot of new custom groups start the past few months. One of those is Starfluffle. Their first round had a cute hedge hog print - if he could have passed for a prairie dog, I would have bought it.

Starfluffle prints on 95% cotton/5% lycra and the weight is 220gsm. I was very impressed with the fabric right out of the package. The print quality was very good - nice sharp images that seem to float on the background. It washed up well with hardly any color on the color catcher and it shrank very little. The fabric has a nice smooth texture and has a great weight. It was so easy to cut and sew with - it had virtually no rolling.

I was selected to sew a strike off for their current round which is all nautical themed prints. I was sent a piece of the "Tidal Treasure" print. This print is just gorgeous with cool tones of blue, green, and purple shells on a calming sea of blue. It also coordinates with the other 2 nautical prints that are offered. You can pre-order this print and others at http://starflufflefabrics.bigcartel.com/products. Be sure to also check out their Facebook page.

These prints will be great for Spring and Summer outfits. Since it was nautical, I immediately thought of a boat neck top. I used the recently released Wardrobe Builder Tee from Wardrobe by Me. It has so many options and a boat neck is one. I did my own color blocking. The pattern is on sale for $7 - get it before the sale is over.





No comments:

Post a Comment