Duck Butt Designs - Carol's Favorite Top (CFT)

Duck Butt Designs has a new pattern out! As usual - it's pretty great. This one is named after the owners' mother Carol. This was a pattern she drafted for her mother.

The pattern is on Sale for 20% off with the code CAROLISAMAZING through Friday, September 2. This code also works on all single patterns (excludes bundles and add-ons). The Carols Favorite Top (CFT) is available HERE.
Once you try it, it will become your favorite top too!

This top is super fast and easy to make.

Here are all my pieces cut out. I got the blue and white knit online super cheap about 2 years ago. The cute print on the bottom right is a remnant I got from Jumping June Textiles in a mystery pack.


First you sew the yoke pieces together along the neckline.


Then press it really well.


Now we add the band to the back neckline. Sew the band on - no stretching.


Fold it in half and then turn it under so it does not show. Topstitch the band down.


So this is what the inside looks like.


Now you connect the front yoke to the back sandwiching the back shoulder between the 2 front yoke pieces. Disregard my mismatched pieces - this was version 1 of the tester. The final pattern matches up perfectly.


Now to attached the lower bodice piece to the yoke. After attaching, iron the seam allowance down and topstitch.


Now to add the sleeves.


Then sew up the side seams and hem the bottom and the sleeves, and it is done.

Here is my version 1


Version 2 in some brushed poly I bought online.



Version 3 in brushed poly from Zenith and Quasar.



This gorgeous tone on tone green is currently at preorder. Preorder it HERE. It's also available in gold and purple.


While I am happy with all 3 of the tops I made, I will definitely stick to fabrics that are thicker. A thin jersey tends to make the yoke a bit droopy. The cotton lycra in my first one, and the thicker brushed poly from Zenith & Quasar came out much better.

No comments:

Post a Comment