Halla Patterns - Hey Babie!


Halla Patterns are some of my favorites to make. The main reason is they have rulers on the pattern at the bust, waist, and hips - so it's so so easy to grade between sizes to get the perfect fit.

All patterns are on sale for 20% off with the code "MILKMAID"

When I first saw a teaser for the Hey Babie - I knew I was going to need this pattern. My cousin had a baby a few months ago and had been wanting some cute nursing tops. Her main complaint was that most nursing tops were also maternity tops. And who wants to wear a maternity top well after you had your baby? No one does! She really wanted something fitted - not like those other tops that had ruching and lots of extra fabric around the belly.

The Hey Babie was design specifically to be a cute nursing top - but you can make it to be non-nursing. The top is slightly fitted, and you can adjust the amount of ease you want using those handy dandy rulers on the pattern. The top includes options for a completely attached (no nursing) cami, a faux cami (front only), and a full (front and back) cami. You can also make it with no cami for a daring low scoop neckline.

Here's the first one I made.

I used a super soft French Terry that came from Wherehouse Fabric's remnant table. My friend Sharon and I split the huge remnant.


Since this one was the first one - it wasn't very pretty on the inside from me removing and reattaching the faux cami repeatedly (and I still need to take it out and replace it again to give me a better fit) that I kept it for myself.

Then I made this Hey Babie. The print was another remnant from Wherehouse Fabrics. I just love their $2.50/yard remnant tables.


The solid blue and pink are cotton lycra solids from Made Whimsy. The Made whimsy 12 oz solids are amazing!


This pattern has multiple sleeve lengths, and my cousin specifically asked for short sleeved - but the tester pattern originally only had the long sleeves. So I'm hoping she will enjoy this version for a little bit.


Then I made this Hey Babie - with short sleeves.


The print is Duchess from Made Whimsy.  It's so gorgeous!


I paired it with the Lilac 12 oz solid from Made Whimsy.


One Saturday morning, I was about to finish the top above when I lost power. So what's a girl to do? I decided to cut out another Hey Babie.


For this Hey Babie I used a print from RP Custom Prints.


The turquoise solid came from Wherehouse Fabric and was only $1/yard!


I really loved every top I made, but I did send 3 Hey Babies to my cousin. She did report back and let me know that she loved them and they fit her great.

If you enjoyed my blog, follow me on Instagram and Facebook. Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment