Week ending August 22, 2021

My blogs have been few and far between,  but I've actually been quite busy with a few projects.  I'm going to try to make a weekly posts with a few photos of what's going on in my sewing room.

I got a free curio cabinet and gave it a makeover. It was unfinished and missing the front glass.  I sanded it and stained it using the same stain I used on my ironing table.  I thought it would make the perfect storage for my quilts.

I was knee deep in a quilt pattern that is free from Art Gallery Fabrics. The instructions had so many errors and I had to stop a few times to cut more fabric or double check numbers of cuts needed. 

I got the top done and had so many extra pieces left over! I posted a reel on Instagram of my completed top. Good photos coming soon, but will be posted on Minerva as it was made for their blog.

I was a pattern "mentor" for Jess Poemape for her Chantli Quilt.  As a mentor, I was tasked with reviewing the quilt math and instructions. It was the perfect project for me to work on in the days following my gallbladder surgery. The pattern just released and I'm planning on making on very soon. 

I'm working on another project for Minerva and think I'll be following the Squats and Running Stitches Entropy Quilt Scrap Along. I began by just making a bunch of half square triangles. I counted today and needed 48 more! 

I love this rule for squaring up my HSTs. 

Today was the last day of the Deltille Quilt Along with Running Stitch Quilts. I didn't get done, but I did make some headway today. I hope to finish this in the next few months.

In non-sewing news- I made a watermelon cake with watermelon icing and it's so good! Last year we grew so many watermelons and I made watermelon jam. I took a plain white cake mix and added a half pint jar of watermelon jam to it. For the icing, I used 1 cup powdered sugar, 3 tablespoons chobabi coffee creamer, and 4 ounces of watermelon jam. I'd compare the finished product to a lemon pound cake, but watermelon flavored. 

I'm also happy to report that I got my third dose of the Covid vaccine this week.  I'll get my booster in 8 months. Hoping I develop the appropriate antibodies now.  

No comments:

Post a Comment