Week ending November 13, 2022

I had a very productive week! i took off from work on Monday and Tuesday. Monday was spent finishing up the blocks for the Utter Chaos quilt and then prepping the backings fow all my quilts that need to be finished. I had to add a bit of a border to thus National Parks panel. 


Tuesday after I voted, i got my Utter Chaos quilt up on my design wall and finished puecing it. I then took photos ot it in the woods. 


My iron finally died and I had to order a new one from Amazon and chose one that could be delivered the same day. I got this Beautural iron and so far I'm extremely happy with it. The cord is longer than the one on my old broken Rowenta and it heats up fast. 


I then got to work on a jelly roll rug. 


I had never made one before and it was much easier than i had imagined. 


Here's my finished rug. It came out smaller and more round than i had wanted.


Since it was a quick and easy project, I started the hard part - cutting down batting scraps and joining the ends together. 


Friday was Veterans Day (a day off for me) and I reserved the long arm for the day at Not Your Mama's Quilt Store. I had such a good time! They have  Handiquilter that is computerized. I was basically there to babysit it. Debi, the staff member in charge of longarming, did most of the work.  


I quilted my Hurrication Quilt first.


Then did my Blue Grotto Quilt followed by my Diagonal Dazzle Quilt shown below. 


I  grabbed 2 stickers from the store as I paid to add to my pattern cabinet. 


I then spent the weekend working on a pattern test for Lifting Limits Quilting.  I made blocks for my quilt, then decided that my blocks didn't mesh very well colorwise and started to make more blocks. 


At this point I think I'll be making two quilts. And that's alright with me. 




1 comment:

  1. I am amazed at your productivity and am eager to see the pattern/directions for the Utter Chaos quilt. Mine would be made of mostly vintage fabrics so quite a different effect, I think. Good luck with the iron! I use very old irons, non-steam. I thought "If it was good enough for Coco Chanel, it will be good enough for me."

    ReplyDelete