2 weeks -Ending November 27, 2022

A lot has been happening and I missed posting a recap last Sunday,  so this one is for two weeks! I worked on and completed the Origins Quilt Pattern test for Lifting Limits Quilting.  Below is a sneak peek at some of my blocks. 


I received more quilty wishes - these epp diamonds will come in handy. 


I got another quilty wish of orphan blocks and nature prints. They also sent me this cute little needle minder book that I've already put to use. 


I worked on a secret project project for a quilty friend. 


I finally got photos of the Carlsbad Cardigan i made with recycled content french terry from Minerva. 


Another package of quilty wishes. 


I had to take a break from fun sewing to make pillowcases.  I used an old flat sheet. The fitted sheet from this set became discolored over time and looked awful.  The top sheet was still great, so it became new pillowcases. 


These blocks were my secret sewing project. I used all tula pink fabrics. These were so fun to make. I mailed them off to a quilty friend who will be putting them with some other blocks made by other quilters. I can't wait to see the finish


I had a quilting mishap! I washed a quilt like I normally do before gifting, but something went wrong. The dye bleed a whole lot. It was really bad. I had used color catchers, but apparently not enough. I tried rewashing the quilt multiple times with oxiclean and other color safe bleaches to no avail.   


I tried Carbona color run remover and while it got most of the blue out, it changed the color of most of the fabrics. 


Here's the quilt after the mishap. It's still beautiful,  just different than it was before. This is the Chantli Quilt- Pattern by Jessica Poemape. 


I finally bound my Bug Quilt. Pattern by Rope & Anchor Trading Co.  


I bound my Linking Lives Quilt- Pattern by Andrea Haverinen.  This one needed to be finished as I was gifting it on Thanksgiving. 


I bound my Blue Grotto Quilt- Pattern by Lifting Limits Quilting. This was one I did longarm quilting on.  


I bound my Diagonal Dazzle Quilt. This one was too big to hang on my arbor.  I did the longarming on this one. 


I bound by Crystallized Quilt- Pattern by the Crafty Capuchin. 


I bound my Hurrication Quilt- Pattern by Running Stitch Quilts. I did the longarming on this one too. 


Here's the back. We didn't get it perfectly centered,  but it's close enough. 


My recycled stuffing bucket was full which meant it was a great time to start a stuffed project.  I've been cutting all mu strips of scraps into chunks and putting them in this bucket. There's batting bits and all kinds of fabric. 


I made a tree! Now I need to make at least 2 more and pack away the pumpkins. 


A friend delivered 16 boxes of sewing "stuff" to my house. I need to take a day off to go through these boxes and see what I can use and pay forward what I can't. 


I traveled for Thanksgiving, so along came my EPP Lucy Boston blocks. 


The Utter Chaos Quilt pattern by Kelly Renay released on Black Friday! 


I was in Lancaster, PA and visited some of the cutest shops. I saw these wooden spool trees and had to take a photo.  I have so many spools! I coukd make a bunch of these. 


I came across these Amish made pressing sticks. I thought it was so cool that the maker had signed their name on each. I had to get one as a souvenir. 


I visited a few fabric stores and found some fabric to bring home.  Are you surprised? 

I came home to another quilty wish - this one all the way from Germany! These orphan blocks are just beautiful! 


I also had a package from Thistle Creative Reuse.  

I finished this hectic 2 weeks taking photos of my finished quilt tops. These are both the Origins Quilt Pattern from Lifting Limits Quilting. Yes. I made 2. It's a long story that I'll save for another post. 


This coming week I plan to make more trees for my fireplace and maybe try to quilt another wip.  I have 3 that I was hoping to finish before Christmas. I may send them to my local longarmer to get them done. 

No comments:

Post a Comment