Week ending March 19, 2023

I have been so so busy with work work and not much sewing has been happening.  This weekend I played catchup on a few projects. I finished these towels weeks ago  and finally snapped a few photos to post on Minerva. I love making my own towels as I can make them whatever size I want and I can add a little pizazz with my binding fabric. The binding on these is a fabric I designed  from a photo of 1,000 paper cranes hanging in the Crow Collection of Asian Art.

The Quilt I won came in the mail from Erica at Kitchen Table Quilting. Smaug immediately wanted to nap on it. 



I am almost done with my locker hooking rug and took a photo to show how big it was. 

I went on a work trip and ended up in the news. It was a cold and rainy day. I was wearing a really cute outfit that I made under my raincoat. 


I slowly worked on my Vera Quilt blocks. I have decided that I really dislike the instructions for this pattern  and would not make it according to the instructions ever again. A full blog post detailing my dislikes of the pattern to come. 

I did get all my blocks finished on Saturday and  got the top completed. I am so glad this quilt is just for me.  There are so many  places that look "bad" in my opinion and they all have to do with how the pattern  is written. 


On  Sunday, between loads  of laundry, I cut out strips of fabric to make the Origins Quilt by Lifting Limits Quilting. I am making the bed size, but not following the instructions completely. You will see why later. Also - I plan to use my scraps from this quilt to make my next "Quilt for Good" auction quilt. That auction will happen in May (I think).  It depends  on what all  I can get done by then.


Work has worn me out the past few weeks. I'm off on Monday  and hope to get some stuff done. I have a doctors appointment in morning and hope that I'm home by  noon. If I am, I plan to put my Vera Quilt on the longarm and get her finished. I hope to have  some finished projects to share next weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment