Week ending September 3, 2023

I get so much satisfaction from giving my quilts away. What makes me the most happy though is seeing my quilt being used and loved. This is a quilt I recently gifted and I loved getting a photo of it with their kitty enjoying it as well.


I went to visit my mom over the Labor Day weekend. She had one of the quilts I made for her on the bed in the guest room.


The guest room was my old bedroom when I was in high school. It did not look like this when I lived in it. The black and white checkered floor was added when my son was a baby and this room became his nursery at my mom's house as she cared for him from birth until 4th grade while I worked and after school.


She had another quilt I made and gave her on a bench in the room.


My mom and I always visit the thrift stores when I visit. On this trip I came home with 4 quilt tops. I plan to use these to practice on my longarm and will probably donate the finished quilts in the future. 


I decided to start on a pattern test on Sunday and pulled out some scraps to use.


Here is the stack of fabrics I'm going to start off with. 

I have two quilts that I have been working on that I need to finish. I will probably make the 4 quilt blocks needed for the pattern test I am doing and will then finish those 2 quilts that are waiting on me. All the blocks are finished, I just need to throw them on my design wall and sew everything together. Tomorrow (09/04) is Labor Day and a day off form work for me. I'm hoping I can get my four blocks finished tomorrow. 

No comments:

Post a Comment