Poppy Kettle Textiles Mermaids & Pups

This is my first time sewing for Poppy Kettle Textiles. They are a custom knit group located in Houston, Texas. The current round is called Mermaids and Pups, and like the name suggests is mainly prints related to dogs and mermaids - neither of which I can see myself wearing. But the round does include some great coordinates, a few florals, and a denim print in a few colors.

The ones I was most drawn to were the raindrop prints. These were coordinates for the puppy prints. They come in several colors. I choose the blue and green to sew.

I have never ordered fabric from Poppy Kettle Textiles and had initially thought I'd make a flowy top. Then I received these strike off samples and they were printed on this gloriously thick and lush 280 gsm cotton lycra. It was way too heavy for anything that needed drape, so I had to come up with another plan. Jan, the owner of Poppy Kettle Textiles, informed me that this preorder and all future preorders would be on a slightly lighter base of 240 gsm. That weight is also very nice and still a great weight for pants and leggings.

I decided to make one of my favorite pullover tops the Irena Top from Itch to Stitch Designs.


I decided to use the green for the body and blue for the collar and cuffs.



This combination is really pretty and the print is unique.


I love that even the raindrops are a rainbow of colors.


This will be a great top to wear over a tank on cool spring days, and over a t-shirt or button-up shirt in the fall.


The preorder for this print, and all the others, closes on May 31st. Order HERE.

No comments:

Post a Comment