I Made Baked Penne and Made the Sauce from Scratch!

My first cooking post!

My wonderful friend Stephanie shared the bounties of her garden with me this week and I got a few tomatoes. Stephanie has a fantastic blog about gardening and sometimes she features her chickens. See her blog at rainbowmagicsparklebutterfly.

So I decided to make Baked Penne tonight, it's one of Felix's favorite dishes. And I decided to be adventurous and make my own sauce - something I have never done before.

First I diced up the tomatoes and put them in a sauce pan.


Then I added my favorite ingredient - Garlic. And lots of it.


I added some oregano.


Parsley


Roasted Garlic - You can never have too much garlic.


Basil


Then I added two small cans of tomato sauce and heated it to simmer it.

While it was simmering, I started to cook my pasta. I found these penne pasta on the Kroger markdown rack one day for 40.79 and thought I'd give them a try.


After my noodles were cooked, I put them in a baking pan and added the sauce.


I cooked it in the oven at 350 for 15 minutes and added some mozzarella and Parmesan cheese at the end. I also heated up some garlic bread.

I had a little incident involving a small fire in the oven - this is why I should not cook. But dinner still came out delicious.


No comments:

Post a Comment