Itch to Stitch Arenal Top

I'm always thrilled at the chance to test a pattern for Kennis Wong from Itch to Stitch. Her style is impeccable and the patterns are always very well drafted and go together so well. She puts so much thought into exactly how the garment is sewn that the construction is just beautiful inside and out.

This is the Arenal Top. The top is designed for knits with 100% horizontal stretch and are light to medium weight.

The pattern is  $10 and on sale for 20% off - making it only $8. If you buy 2 or more patterns, get an additional 15% off your cart. Use the code "lakearenal".

The Arenal top has a yoke detail that can be made in a contrasting fabric. I made this version in a cotton lycra 4-way stretch knit. I purchased it from a custom knit group that has since closed shop. 



There are 2 versions in the Arenal top pattern. I made the swing version with a hi-low hem. The other version is a more fitted top with a straight hem. 



I love the slightly curved v-neck. If you follow Kennis's instructions, you will get a perfect v-neck. There are a few extra steps, but the end result will have you very pleased.


I love this version of the Arenal top, I made in a stretch crushed velvet. I've had this in my fabric stash for a very long time. It's my favorite color.



The instructions for hemming the swing version give you a beautiful mitered corner. 


The yoke is some plush brushed poly from Zenith and Quasar that I had leftover after making leggings.


I made this Arenal top using a rayon jersey I purchased recently from Super Textiles. If the print looks familiar, this was a remnant from Frances Malik from her Ivy Jane clothing line. I used a faux leather for the yoke on this top.



These watercolor stripes were difficult to match up perfectly, but I love how my top turned out. 


Many thanks to my friend Bryan Zumbar for taking these photos for me. We had a fabulous time in downtown McKinney doing the shoot.

No comments:

Post a Comment