MLM Fabric - DIY Resources

I hope you have enjoyed my Sew it Yourself Posts. Below are links to each one I have done - so far.

Sew it Yourself Piko

Sew Yourself a Perfect Top

Sew it Yourself MLM - My Compilation of patterns for most MLM items for ladies


Now that you know how to make your own items, I'll let you know where to find their fabric and similar fabrics.

The best and most reliable place to find the real deal - fabric is LDG Textiles. Check out their Facebook group and join to take advantage of flash stockings and sales.

You can also find it on eBay and Etsy from time to time. But LDG always has a good inventory.

Several custom knit groups are beginning to offer brushed poly similar to what MLM company makes their leggings out of.  The fabric content for MLM company leggings is 92% Polyester and 8% Spandex. I'll list the fiber content that each group runs, if available.

Zenith and Quasar has offered brushed poly the longest and I think their's is the best. They carry a brushed poly lycra in heathered colors to be used for active wear. It is so soft and has a nice brushed finish. I have made leggings, pajamas, and my son underwear with it. It's wonderful and doesn't pill.

Lilly Himrod began printing custom prints on this brushed poly base in January of 2016, but had offered it in heathered colors for a year prior. This brushed poly is brushed on both sides. The printing process does flatten the fibers and make the fabric feel slightly slick initially, but after a few wash & dry cycles, it plumps up nicely.

The brushed poly base from Zenith & Quasar is 89% Polyester and 11% Spandex. The compositions are extremely close. The stretch is better on the Zenith & Quasar fabric, it is 100%.

Here is a pair of leggings I made with Zenith and Quasar brushed poly.





Zenith & Quasar also offers prints on a "plush" brushed poly. This is brushed only on one side, but the brushed finish is more plush and extremely similar to MLM company legging fabric. The fiber content is 90% polyester and 10% spandex. It also has amazing stretch and recovery. Here are photos of leggings I have made with the "plush" brushed poly from Zenith & Quasar.




I have also bought brushed poly from Wanderlust. Their brushed poly is 95% polyester and 5% spandex. It is more plush - almost velvety in feel. The fibers are very dense and thick. It has 50% stretch and recovery is good.  Here is a pair of leggings I made with the Wanderlust brushed poly. (Photo coming soon - I can't find it!)

A few more custom knit groups are currently offering brushed poly. They all just started, so I have not had a chance to try them out for myself. But below is the information that I have.

Starfluffle - First round of prints at preorder now (10/16). 96% polyester and 4% spandex.

Bitty Bee - First round of prints at preorder now (10/16). 95% polyester and 5% spandex.

So Cheeky - First round of prints at preorder now (10/16). 95% polyester and 5% spandex.

Wonderground Fabrics - First round of prints at preorder noew (10/23). 95% polyester and 5% spandex.

Riki Prints - First round now open (11/3).

Smoogie - First round now open (11/3). 93% polyester and 7% spandex.

Snowy Owl Customs - Just announced, no details yet.

There are also 2 groups that carry some heathered colors of brushed poly - these are soft, but more like an activewear knit.

Made Whimsy - I have bought their brushed poly and made the leggings in the photo below with it.



Sahara Fabrics - offers the same brushed poly heathered colors as Made Whimsy.


There are also several discount reseller with brushed poly - but be warned the quality is not comparable to the custom knit groups. But these groups also sell poly lycra blends - such as liverpool, jersey, and scuba - which are often used by MLM company to make their tops and dresses.

So Sew English - I have purchased from this company. The brushed poly was too thin for my liking for leggings, but it does make nice tops. Also - they current shipping times are pretty long - so don't order if you are in a hurry.


Pretty Posh Prints - I have purchased from this group too. And again, the brushed poly is too thin for my liking for leggings, but it will be great for a dress or top in the future.

Sincerely Rylee - I have purchased from here, but not brushed poly. Great customer service and pretty fast shipping.

Below are a few others, but I have not personally purchased from them.

Knit Pop

Love Adore Knit Fabrics

Cali Fabrics

Purple Seamstress 

Raspberry Creek Fabrics

Sew Vagabond

Vinegar and Honey

Love Adore Knit Fabrics

Koshtex 

Sew Sisters Fabric

Sew Landry

There are so many groups and places to shop, that I know I am missing some. As I think about it or run across them, I will update. If you have a suggestion - please leave a message and I'll look and add if needed.

 Thanks!




No comments:

Post a Comment