Week Ending November 14, 2021

I was off work most of the week so I got a lot done!   I started the week off participating in the Get Your Quilty Wishes Granted on Instagram. It's so much fun to read through everyone's wishes and being able to grant a few wishes. Of course it's fun to have your wishes granted too. 


These were the wishes I granted that I mailed out. I posted a few fabrics I no longer needed and a few people wanted them - so off they went. I granted wishes for Liberty fabric scraps, some neurology themed fabric, fabric scraps for a postage stamp quilt, scraps for the doors on a tiny house quilt, some zippers, some OG cotton & steel I have had forever. I even connected with a local sewist and we will meetup for an exchange soon. 


I changed out my bed linens and put my Deltille Quilt on the bed. This is a pattern from Running Stitch Quilts


I  got all my pieces sorted into blocks for my Stargazers Quilt coming soon from Frannie B Quilt Co. 


Sofiona Designs contacted me on IG and asked if I'd be willing to sew up some of their patterns for their 3 year anniversary celebration. They are making a look book of their patterns to celebrate. I agreed and picked out 3 patterns. I got everything cut out and sewn. I'll be sharing these soon. 


I made the New Look pattern N6671 with fabric from Minerva (Link will take you to my profile where you can see all my posts). I'll be posting my blog post on their website in January. Here's a sneak peak of my make. The top has a split neckline with a button closure in the front. 


Since I was sewing buttons on necklines - I grabbed two tops I made years ago that were in need of a button. This is the Halla Patterns Sunny Day Top. I absolutely love this pattern. 


The Sunny Day has the option to have ties or buttons on the front, and can be left open and allow the yoke to flap open. If you use interfacing, the yoke tends to stay up - which I did, but over time the interfacing broke down and my yoke became floppy. since my lining wasn't the same fabric, one the top below, I didn't like it flapping open. I think they look nice with the button closure. 


I got all my sawtooth star  blocks made for the Stargazers Quilt. Smaug had to get in my photo.


I sorted my stars by color and then put them together into block units. I did my best to ensure each block of multiple stars had variety. My inspectors - Nia and Smaug - checked my work. 


I got fabric in from Minerva for 2 projects. One fabric is a beautiful floral velvet and the other is this fun cotton jersey with dinosaurs busting through. I got this to make my friend Rissa a top. 


I completed the Stargazers Quilt top! Nia thinks it is for her. It is not. My husband went with me to Jo-ann's and we picked out a very nice and plush minky for the backing. I'll drop if off to get quilted by the long armer this week.


I also bought a few things I needed to organize my fabric in my sewing room closet. I plan to spend the coming week getting it cleaned up and organized. I'll think about what I want to make with my velvet from Minerva and get started if I can think of something in the next few days. 


No comments:

Post a Comment