Week Ending November 21, 2022

I got more done this week than planned. I told myself to focus on organizing and tidying my space. Even though I could have spent more time tidying, I was too tempted by projects and had to start on one. I'm super happy with improvements I made to my fabric storage this week.  I ordered some acrylic self dividers from Amazon and they are going to keep me from having a huge mess when I pull my fabric out. I tend to pull fabric off my shelf and play with different combinations when planning a quilt. These boards I use do a great job or keeping my fabrics up like little bolts, but like bolts, they do fall to one side as others are removed. Then it can be really hard to get the up straight again to put the unused fabric back. I got 12 dividers and haven't put all of them in yet. I'm debating on how many to put on each shelf.  

I also got new bins to store my smaller bits of fabric by color. I'm still in the process of getting these completely how I want. 

I got in lots of goodies from the #getyourquiltywishesgranted 


More wishes received 


More wishes received- I found my selection of purple fabrics was lacking and really needed these. 


So here's my project that I could not wait to get to.  It's my mask scrap and 2020 quilt. I started putting the pieces on my design wall while I listened in to a meeting at work.  This was as far as I got during the call. 


Once I was off, I got back to it and got it to this.  I made some tweaks after this to even out the spread of colors in the corners a bit. 


I posted a blog on my outfit below.


I used a black and white filter on my phones camera to determine which side is "light" and which is "dark".  

I got more wishes in the mail. I'm collecting video game fabrics to eventually make my son a quilt. 


Here's what my mask scrap 2020 quilt looked like at the end of the week.  It's slowly shrinking down as I sew the pieces together. The upper left quadrant was done - at least into 4 squares and the far bottom left column was done. 


I'm determined to get this quilt finished before the end of the year. Hopefully I'll have the top pieced by Thanksgiving. 




No comments:

Post a Comment