Week ending December 12, 2021


I don't have a lot to show this week. I spent a lot of time out on my patio (back yard) getting it ready for Spring. I. My sewing room I focused on getting a few projects prepped to sew. One is a newpattern test for Kelly Renay

I did make two test blocks first before cutting out all my fabric. I'll share the blocks closer to the pattern release. 



I'm super excited that George + Ginger came out with a temperature quilt pattern and has a Facebook group started to have some fun and encouragement along the way. I'm thinking of doing mine for 2021 instead of trying to do the coming year. 2021 was memorable for weather related reasons - winter storm Uri to be exact. 

So many strips for my pattern test. 


Everything is cut out and in my box. I already completed some of the steps - sewing rows together then sub cutting for instance. I put some of the excess scrap pieces on top so that I have them incase I screw something up and need to cut a new piece.


Since I was on a roll doing quilt prep, I decided to finish cutting pieces for the Chantli Quilt by Jess Poemape.  I had cut out a few, then had moved onto other projects. It was time to get back to this one. 


I got everything cut out except for the sashing. I was a few inches short on my background fabric. I ordered more and will finish cutting the sashing later. Also as I went, I decided to remove some colors I had previously cut out. The gold in the photo above was removed. 


I got another #getyourquiltywishgranted package in. I love these nature inspired fabrics! 


I now have 4 quilts cut out and waiting to be sewn. I know I should get started on them, but I think I'll get my fabrics picked and an excel spreadsheet ready for my 2021 temperature quilt. First I need to decide on layout and size and get a spreadsheet ready to go. Once I get the temperatures loaded, I'll have to decide on the increments I want to use. Then calculate the yardage for each temperature and then raid my fabric closet for the fabrics. It should be a lot of fun. 




No comments:

Post a Comment