Week Ending December 19, 2021

This week was mostly about resting and getting started on my temperature quilt. I've decided that my 2021 memory quilt will be a temperature quilt since we had quite a year weather wise.  Since I'm not a huge fan of solids, I'm using prints. Here's my fabric pull.


I also worked on a pattern test where I only did a block.  Here are the fabrics I picked.


Here's my Block- more to come on this. 


I also added binding to this small quilt I made this summer. I used leftover blocks and had quilted it with a minky backing. I had put it away as I really didn't know what to do with it or who I even knew that could use it as it was a baby size. A friend called me one evening and we chatted about our holiday plans. She told me how excited she was to spend Christmas with her daughter and the little 3 yr old girl her daughter was fostering. She said she really hoped her daughter was going to be able to adopt her as she had grown quite attached to her already. As soon as we got off the phone, I pulled out this quilt and put binding on it.  I then showed up on her doorstep a few days later with it.  She was leaving on Tuesday and wanted to get it to her before she left. 


I managed to get all my blocks cut out fir my temperature quilt. I decided to do high and low Temps each day to give it more color variety. Each block will be a half square triangle. I'm using a total of 20 colors in 5 degree increments. 


I've slowly started sewing them together. 


Here's where I was at Sunday night. January through May dates are completed. June and October are almost done. 

I'm hoping to get my temperature quilt blocks all completed on January 1. 








No comments:

Post a Comment