Week ending December 5, 2021


I was off and got to work on several projects. I finished my 2020-mask scrap quilt and blogged about it. 


I quilted my Lazy Cozy Quilts Mod Cabin Quilt. FINALLY! 


I got out my minky from Spoonflower to use in an upcoming project and Smaug thinks it's his new blanket. 


I work on making throw pillows for my mom with my cross stitch things I made for my grandmother. 


I made the binding for my Mod Cabin Quilt. 


I put the binding on.  My tip is to use the thread spools holder to hold the binding as you use it. It spools of nicely and doesn't get twisted up or in your way. 


As I snipped threads on the back of my Mod Cabin Quilt I snipped the backing. My second tip is to keep a bottle of Bo Nash in your sewing room to fix such unfortunate events. This stuff works wonders. 


My finished Mod Cabin Quilt. I love it! 


I won tickets to see Hamilton in the lottery! The venue doesn't allow purses, but does allow clear bags. So I made one the day of the show. I used the leftover binding from my quilt to finish the edges. I used a tutorial from Melly Sews. 


Here I am at Hamilton. We had front row seats! It was amazing. I wore my Taktsang Dolman Wrap from the Sew Beautiful Book by Kennis Wong. 


I finished the pillow covers for my mom.


Here's the back. I used the leftover blocks from the quilt I made her for the pillows. 


I made velvet pants! These are the SOS pants by Patterns for Pirates and the fabric is from Minerva. I have a blog post on Minerva about them. My top is the Sinclair patterns Lauren top.  


I made a fabric Garland with trimmings from my flying geese from the Stargazer Quilt.


I made tiny ornaments with tiny embroidery hoops with fabric scraps. 


I then decorated a tree for my sewing room. I love it so much. 


I had a friend come visit me with a sewing emergency. 


She had all this fabric that needed to be sewn.  She has several nieces that needed Christmas tops as they lost the majority of their belongings in a house fire last year. 


With some team work, we got 5 made! 


I ended the week pulling out fabric for my next quilt. 


More to come soon. 





















No comments:

Post a Comment