Week ending April 3, 2022

I spent the past week at my mom's house. I came home yesterday and spent today unpacking, doing laundry, cleaning, and doing a little sewing. My mom had surgery on her wrist to fix some broken bones on Monday and I took my EPP supplies with me and started on a Lucy Boston block.


I had my Jaftex ambassador fabrics delivered to her house and they showed up on Tuesday. I got a beautiful collection called Geofetti 2 from Studio e Fabrics. I love these vibrant colors.  


The Perfect Place Quilt Pattern from Lifting Limits Quilting released. I finished up my blog for it on my phone and published it on Tuesday. I need to get back to it and add links to the pattern and clean it up. 


I took my Diagonal Dazzle quilt pattern I am testing for Mix Measure Make. I LOVE how my scrappy version came out. 


I completed my first project with my Geofetti 2 fabrics. Before my mom even broke her wrist, she told me she wanted to make more bowl cozies. So when I was packing my things to stay with her as she recovered, I packed up my bowl cozy pattern and supplies. I decided to put my own twist to the pattern and I quilted each piece together. I decided to  put the two halves together like a quilt and to bind the edges, just like a quilt. I really love how they turned out. My mom even commented on how much "fancier" these looked.


I came home and went to work cutting my fabrics using the Scrap Crazy 6 Creative Grids template using just the triangle template. I had originally planned to make a variation of a pattern that Karen Montgomery has in one of her Scrap Crazy 6  pattern booklets, but when I saw this fabric I got inspired to do something different. 



This will give you an idea of what I am going for. I ordered a few more blenders to add some more solid-ish colors into the mix to break up all the prints. I always describe my style as maximalistic and these prints and the pattern really go with that aesthetic. 


I've been neglecting my 2021 temperature quilt and told myself to get at least one more month sewn together. I now have all of June and part of July done. I am determined to finish it by the end of June!


My husband saw I had my quilt top finished and he knew that meant one thing - I needed him to serve as quilt holder so I could get photos. Unfortunately he wanted to go around 4pm and the light was not right. I needed the sun to set a little bit more to prevent the harsh dabbled light. I did try to take a few photos, but I'm not happy with them. I'll have to try again later this week and might employ my stand that I bought.



I  have a plan tripped in May. We are finally going on our Alaskan Cruise that was to celebrate our 25th anniversary in 2020. It's only 2 years late. I think I will try to make 3 long sleeve t-shirts with some lightweight wool jersey I bought years ago for some winter layering pieces. 

No comments:

Post a Comment