Week ending April 24, 2022

I didn't have a whole lot of sewing time this week, but I made good use of my time. I finished my quilt top for Jaftex fabrics using the Geofetti 2 Collection from Studio e Fabrics.  Here is is on my design wall with Nia getting in tge way of my shot. My quilt top came out way bigger than I had planned.


I love the explosion of color from this quilt. I can't wait to get photos. 


The leftover flying geese from my Linking Lives Quilt have been calling to me. I sewed them together and prepped them to sew onto this top.  


I tested the column block pattern by Heather Ann Dye Art. It's designed to show off hand dyed fabrics and large scale prints. The finished block is big at 30 x 24. I used scraps to make this one.  


Plains and Pine had a Star Week Challenge and sent out a free star block pattern each day for 6 days. I had these hst I made as bonus blocks from my trimmed off pieces from another quilt and thought I'd use them fir the Aunties Star Block. 


My hst were smaller than called for in the pattern, so I calculated what the other pieces needed to be and used up some other scraps. I love how it turned out. I also thought tge size was perfect to add to a tee. 


Here's my flying geese tee after i sewed the blocks on.  

Here's my Aunties Star Block on another tshirt. 


Then Sunday I decided that I wanted to make more Column Blocks and figured 4 across and 3 rows would make a king size with a border added. These are my pieces grouped together for sewing. 


I'm excited to see this come together. 



No comments:

Post a Comment