Week ending May 15, 2022

This week I focused on finishing my Perfect Place Quilt (pattern by Lifting Limits Quilting). 


I really want to improve my free motion quilting skills and tried my hand at a woodgrain pattern. I really love it! 


I did a slightly wider binding than I normally do since this quilt top had a border. I used my Sequoia print for the binding using the remaining yardage from my quilt. 


I am so fortunate to be an ambassador for Studio e Fabrics which is part of the Jaftex family of fabric companies. The president Scott Fortunoff is incredibly kind and generous. He had a zoom call with the new Ambassadors last month and asked each of us what fabric we would want from the Jaftex wearhouse - it could be from any of the brands they own.  Of course I picked Anna Maria Horner. I was blown away when I received this box of fabric from Scott and the Jaftex team. They even threw in a little Tula Pink too.  I can't wait to create with these! 


I got photos of my completed quilt made with Geofetti 2 Collection from Studio e Fabrics. This line is in stores now. 


I am so happy that I did free motion quilting on it. I love how it looks and know the more I do it, the more I'll improve. I did the binding with leftover strips of a few of the prints. I love a scrappy binding. 


I also finished my Perfect Place Quilt and got a few photos of it. 


The backing is minky from Spoonflower in my Sequoia print design. The new trellis arch on my patio is perfect for displaying throw sized quilts. 


I finished my weekend working on 2021 temperature quilt. I signed up to do a 5 in May WIP Along. I'm 3 down and 2 to go.  

I'll be heading out on vacation soon. I'm going to work on a WIP- some Lucy Boston blocks and I'm taking some counted cross stitch patterns with me. We will see how much I manage to get done. 









No comments:

Post a Comment