Week ending September 4, 2022

I did very little sewing this week. I did more cutting and planning than anything. The Tangled Quilts 2 pattern released and I posted a blog about the version I made. 


I cut into my Dia de Los Muertos fabrics and started to play with how I wanted use the fabric. Most of these fabrics were given to me, and another quilter is sending me her scraps to add to my collection. 

I won this fat quarter bundle of flannels from Sew it Yourself! They do a regular drawing of all instagram posts featuring makes using their free patterns.  My Emblem Pillow was what I made that won me this bundle. 


I immediately knew it would makeca gorgeous Hurrication Quilt and cut out all the pieces. I had to buy two more flannels from Jo-Anns to make a throw sized quilt. 


I quilted my Tangled Quilts 2 wall hanging. I hope to finish it off soon so I can hang it. 


When I got out my batting scraps to use on my wall hanging,  I went ahead and cut down the scrapper bits into 2.25" strips. I sewed them together and wound them up to get ready to make a jelly roll rug. 


I made the binding for my wall hanging. Love this Tula Pink mineral print. 


I laid out my Hurrication Quilt pieces to make an ombre. This was more challenging to plot out than I had imaged. I'm hoping it looks good as I form the full blocks. 


I only barely got started on the bottom row come Sunday afternoon. I'm hoping to get 2 rows done this week and that will get me on track with the Sew along currently happening. 


I'll hope to show at least 8 Hurrication Quilt blocks next week. If I get my other Dia de Los Muertos fabric in the mail, I might switch back to that project. I'd love to have it ready to hand on October 1st. 





No comments:

Post a Comment