Week ending December 25, 2022

I hope everyone is enjoying the holidays - no matter what you celebrate! 

The blogger app on my phone is giving me  problems and making it much harder for  me to make posts. I was enjoying posting from my phone, but now I can only add the photos, then have to go to my computer to add text. I spent last week working on finishing 6 quilts that I was going to have available as gifts and I got them all done thanks to my new longarm! Photo below is of all 6 quilted and all my binding made.

All finished and packed into a laundry basket - this was one of 2 laundry baskets full of quilts that went with me to my hometown for Christmas. 


I let each family member pick out which one they wanted. My mom took most of the photos below. I didn't get a photo of everyone with their quilt but here are most of them...








I really enjoyed seeing everyone picking their favorite. Some decided right away, others really took their time. Some of the selections surprised me, and others were predictable as I had a little voice in my head sometimes telling me who would probably like certain quilts as I made them.

When  we came home my husband finished a little project I had - to make a second singer treadle base table for my sewing room. The second one now resides next to the first one. I use one for cutting and ine for pressing. This will make my life so much easier as I do these two tasks in conjunction with one another often and doing them side by side will be a time saver. 



This final week of the year I am hoping to use to finish at least one WIP (work in progress). That WIP is my temperature quilt for 2021. Then, I might try to finish one more. I also have my next ambassador shipment from Jaftex arriving soon and will get started on it as soon as it arrives. 

Have a wonderful New Year!



No comments:

Post a Comment