Week ending January 8, 2023

The Origins Quilt Pattern by Lifting Limits Quilting released this week.  See my previous post for all the info.

I spent most of my free time working on the Big Sky Star Quilt Pattern by Plains and Pine. I'm using the Bubbles and Froth Collection from Henry Glass Fabrics. 


I've been piecing each section and placing it on my design wall where I thought it would go.


Sometimes I just add a few to get an idea.


It's fun to add on the different colors as I go. 


My vision was to try  to emulate the cover quilt on the pattern, but I don't have quite the right mix of colors. 


Finally all the sections are done. I now have decided to try to place them so that they go from the darkest in the center to the lightest on the outside edge.


I played with so many orientations of these pieces and this is still not how I want them.


Smaug has been enjoying supervising me from the longarm. He thinks the bars for the quilt top and backing are his balance beam.


I hope to finish the Big Sky Star quilt top this coming week. 










No comments:

Post a Comment