Week ending February 5, 2023

I was busy this past week. It was a good week to stay in because we were frozen in. I finished some secret sewing. I was a pattern tester for Sarah Jean Makes for the SoMa quilt and I finished it! Here it is on my Tin Lizzie getting quilted. I absolutely love how this quilt came out using the African  prints from Zesty Couture

I've been learning my Tin Lizzie through a trail and error process. One issue I had been having was that I was having problems with nesting as the machine quilted across the quilt. I thought it was an operator error and tried a few different things to no avail. I decided to take a closer look at the  x axis belt and gears. I found that the nut on the bottom left of the photo below was loose - very loose. I pushed the piece up in place and tightened it. 

I  added the binding to my SoMa quilt. See the white outside - that's not snow, it's ice. 

The Nusle Joggers from Itch to Stitch released - see previous blog post for the info.


I was wearing my Sibiu Top while I was working the other day and match the artwork I have over my desk, so I had to snap a selfie.

I won a prize from the Little Quilting Closet's grand opening and it came in the mail. The owner, Annie, is so sweet and is based  in the DFW area. She has a great selection of precuts, bundles, and yardage, on her website. 

I also received a big gift from Jaftex of all this fabric! Some of these really were not my style, so I swapped fabrics with other ambassadors. They had some they didn't like that I loved. It's funny how different all our tastes in fabric are. 

I made a second quilt with the African fabrics from Zesty Couture. This was my first quilt to quilt after making the bolt tightening adjustment. And I am so proud to say that  it fixed it! This quilt had zero problems with nesting. I did have some minor tension issues, but I think those were cause by me - I think I had the backing too tight and it was a cotton lawn and also could have benefitted from a thinner needle. I think once it's washed the problem areas will disappear. 

I ended the weekend starting on a new pattern test. This one is for Julie at Running Stitch Quilts. It is the Spring Garden quilt and I am thinking I will make the baby size and hang it in the entryway for Spring. I'm using fabrics by Anna Maria Horner and Conservatory Fabrics by Anna Maria  Horner.

This coming week I will be gifting my SoMa quilt and will share more about that later. I want to make sure it happens first before I say anything. I will hopefully get the binding on the second African fabric quilt and will see about putting it on eBay with 100% of the proceeds going to a non-profit. I  need to pick a non-profit first. 

No comments:

Post a Comment