Week ending February 19, 2023

I did a bit of this and that this week. I finished my pattern test for Running Stitch Quilts. I'll be sharing more soon, but for now, here's a block from the Spring Garden Quilt.

I got this waffle fabric from Minerva. I had originally thought I'd make kitchen towels, but decided to make those with the toweling fabric I got so that I could use this for a quilt backing. I think it will be so cuddly soft and will have great texture. Plus - I got a new rug for my living room and feel like I need a new couch quilt to coordinate and this will be perfect. 


I then decided to clean up my space a bit. I had a lot of "stuff" shoved under my longarm and it needed to be dealt with. First up - cutting a bin full of knit fabrics into 5 inch squares for a future quilt. I cut 5 squares from each fabric - a few extra from a few fabrics where there were pieces that were just big enough for a 5" square. Then I tidied up the remaining piece and folded it nicely to donate. One of my neighbors is opening Untrashed Creative Reuse next month and I've been giving her a lot of stuff.  


I made a trip to  Stitchhouse for Fun Friday. I grabbed the grey minky in this photo and it will be the perfect backing for my future quilt project with my knit scraps. I can't wait to get to it! I might need to count my squares and see if I have enough for a throw yet. I may need to go through more bins of knits that are remnants first. I also grabbed these two remnants that were pretty. 


I reorganized my stuff a bit and put more of my cotton wovens out on my shelves and put some other things in the closet. I love being able to se my fabrics on display. This isn't all of them. I've ordered more magazine boards and will have to see if I can make a little more room for all my fabric. 


I grabbed photos of the second quilt I made with my fabrics from Zesty Couture. I posted it on eBay for auction. I'll make a separate blog post all about it. 


I don't have a pattern test to work on, so my focus this coming week will probably not be very focused. Who knows what I'll get done.

No comments:

Post a Comment