5 out of 4 Patterns - The Adventure Skort

I was selected to test the Adventure Skort from 5 out of 4 Patterns. Their patterns can be purchased at 5outof4.com The Adventure Skort is available now and is on sale for $7.95! Here is the direct link to the pattern Adventure Skort



I'm usually not a skirt or short wearing person, but I really liked these. I signed up to make the long version - No one needs to see my legs above the knee - Ugly! But I'm planning on making a few short pairs out of swim fabric to wear in the pool.



Like all PDF patterns - first I checked the square. It was good.


I made 2 pairs - different pattern versions since they were adjusting the fit and making changes. The yellow pair was the first version I made, and the feather print was the second version I made.  I am not sure where I got the yellow from - its thick and have a great 4 way stretch. The feather one I bougth recently off a remnant table in the Dallas Fabric District for $2/yard. I still have 2 yards left. This pattern took about 1.5 yards.



Here are all my pieces cut out and ready to go.





The first step in the pattern is to make the shorts. First you sew the inseam of each leg.







Then you add a gusset. You sew it on one side first.






Then sew the other side on matching the widest peak of the gusset with the inseam of the shorts.






Then you hem the legs.


Then you make the skirt - which is the trickier part. First you sew the side seams together. This photo shows them laid out.


Then you sew the outside flat edge to finish it, then hem all the way around.


Now you prepare the waistband.


And then you put the shorts inside the skirt and pin the waistband on and sew it all together. And you are done.

Here I am in the yellow pair.





Here I am in the feather pair. I made a little boo boo on this pair. When putting the skirt together, I thought I had the top flap cut in reverse so I cut out a second one to mirror it. When in fact it was the ottom flap I had cut out wrong. So my flap is going the wrong direction in this pair - but I guess it doesn't really matter.




So when I have some free time, I'm making a swim pair in the shorter length.

No comments:

Post a Comment