Terras Treasures Lisse Cowl and Konstant Krafters Impressionist Night

I received a strike off from Konstant Krafters - Impressionist Night. This is a beautiful print reminiscent of Vincent van Gogh's Starry Night. When trying to decide on a coordinate to go with it, I decided to use some space dyed Supplex from Zenith & Quasar. I think it paired very well with the Impressionist Night. This print is available for pre-order from March 11th - March 21st. Pre-orders can be placed through the website at www.KonstantKraftersFabric.com Also, join the Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/groups/Konstantkrafter/

Here is a look at the beautiful print.


I decided to try a new to me pattern - the Lisse cowl by Terra's Treasures. This is a cute top that can be made with a cowl or a hood. I opted for the cowl. What I love is the tulip petal front. It makes for an interesting detail.

Here are all my pieces cut out.


I really love how the space dyed supplex has the same shades of turquoise and blue as the Impressionist Night. They look so pretty together.


First the top of the shoulders were sewn together.


Then the cowl is constructed.


The pattern has a drawstring in the top of the cowl. but I decided not to do it.


I then attached the cowl to the bodice.


Cowl attached.


Now I made the skirt part and sewed the pleats.


Then I placed the 2 petal pieces on top of the back to sew them up the sides.


Then the entire edge of the skirt was hemmed.


Then I attached the sleeves to the bodice. I folled the pattern as it was written, but I think they have the steps in an illogical order. I would have finished the bodice part first, then made the skirt, then attached the 2 together.


Then I sewed the side seams.


Now to make cuffs for the sleeves. One is constructed and one is not in the photo below.


Attaching the cuff.


Cuffs are done!


Now to attach the skirt to the bodice.


Here I am in the finished top. After I made it and tried it on, the waist was way too roomy, so I had to take it in about 2 inches on each side. I thought this top was really cute and comfortable. My husband on the other hand, does not like the tulip style skirt on it. But he's not the one wearing it, so I don't care.





No comments:

Post a Comment