Designer Stitch Julie Blouse

I recently tested for a new designer - Ann Grose of Designer Stitch. She has worked as a freelance designer for 28 years. She resides in Australia where she teaches classes.

On May 22nd, she released an entire collection of patterns. This is one of them. Ann's patterns cover sizes 2 - 26. Be sure to check her website to see them all. http://designerstitch.com/  Prices on the website are in Australian dollars and will be much less in US dollars with the current exchange rate.

I tested the Julie Blouse. I applied to test the pattern because I loved the style of it. It had a surplice front and a longer back (to cover my rear) and a loose fit.

The pattern, when printed, went together perfectly. The pattern pieces were clearly labeled.

The instructions were mostly easy to follow. There were a few that were tricky, but Ann was very helpful assisting when I did not understand an instruction. She has revised the instructions to make them clearer.

For my top, I used a poly/rayon blend fabric I've had in my stash for a very long time. It's soft and silky feeling. I'm thinking I'll try another one in a voile.

Here I am in my Julie Blouse.




I love the long back!

There is a back center pleat giving some extra ease.



The back easily covers my backside.




Overall, I'm very pleased with my top. This is a pattern that I will definitely use again.





No comments:

Post a Comment