Sky Love Creations - Drink Wars

Sothy Shields, owner of Sky Love Creations, has a huge heart. I've been one of her Sky Love Angels making items from fabric she donates and placing them up for bidding in the Weekly Auction for Gwen.

This time around, I'm sewing a strike off for her new round of custom knits. And I'm donating all the items I made for this weekends auction. So be sure to join the Facebook group and bid!

The print she sent me is called Drink Wars. It's a parody of sorts mashing Star Wars and Starbucks. I'm not a Star Wars fan - I've never watched any of the movies in the series. But I do love me some coffee from Starbucks. She also sent me a panel that matched the print. I apparently got the "dark" side. The images are fun, bright, and crisp. The weight of the fabric is 230 - 250 gsm, a nice heavier weight. It's so soft and plush. The fabric is available for Pre-order through June 17th.

I used the panel, main print, and solid "kelly green" knit (from Made Whimsy) to make the Women's Pretty Panel Tee from A Sparkly Baby.

Here are a few pics of me wearing the top. I made the tank version since it is summer after all. The pattern also has a sleeved version which I plan to make for myself.


The back has the option for an upper curved bodice that I really like. I love it when a top can look great in the back as well as the front.



After I made the tank, I had some scraps left over and made a tank top and some Scrundleear from Stitch Upon a Time. The Tank is a pattern I came up with. I used a darker "hunter green" for these items.


These will be up for bidding from Friday through Sunday.

Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment