Stitch Upon a Time Boxerwear - Enclosed Seams

*** I wrote this post quite awhile ago and for some reason, I never finished it and posted it. So today while I was babysitting my embroidery machine as I did some bowling shirts, I decided to look at the draft posts I had and decided to finish this one. So - I've made some edits to this post as I went through it ***

The heathered brushed poly from Zenith & Quasar is Amazing! It's the softest fabric ever. It makes the most comfortable underwear you have ever worn - it's like you are wearing nothing (in a good way).

I've made my son the Stitch Upon a Time Boxerwear before, and he really likes the no fly version with enclosed seams. I had some of the charcoal heathered brushed poly leftover from another project and made him a pair with it. This color is currently out of stock, but other colors are still available. There will be a preorder for all colors of heathered brushed poly and supplex in August.

The first step is to sew the dart into both the inner and outer front piece.


Then trim the seam allowance and tie the ends of the thread into a knot.


Both ready to go.


Now sew the two pieces together that make the back rear seam.


Now attach one of the crotch pieces to one of the front leg pieces. *I now sew both front pieces on at the same time making a sandwich.*


Then you sew the other side of the front piece to the other front leg piece. So that you get something that resembles underwear.


Now you roll the edges up like a burrito leaving the exposed seams on each side of the front piece exposed.


You then sew the second front piece onto these exposed edges.


It will look like this.


Then you pull it through one end making the shorts right side out.


Turn them inside out and sew the inseam.


Now finish with your preferred waist band and leg bands (or none).


These are a quick sew and come with high and low rise, and short and long legs. I made the high rise with long legs in these photos.

These brushed poly boxerwear have become my son's favorites.

No comments:

Post a Comment