Love Notions Margot Peplum Top

Love Notions has release another great pattern. The Margot Peplum top has so many options. You can have a solid bodice or pieced with princess seams. There are also 3 skirt options, gathered, swing, and pleated. Not to mention you can practically make any sleeve length.

I made 3 Margot peplums this week. My first was made in a liverpool remnant as my muslin. The skirt on it fell at my widest point and was not flattering. I don't have good photos of it, but I'll definitely be wearing it after I take a little length off of it or add a lace trim to it.

After my muslin, I decided to add 3 inches to the length. I figured I could then shorten it where I wanted it. But after I made it and put it on, I really loved the longer length. It made it more of a tunic length and I thought it would be perfect with leggings.

I then made my next in double brushed poly and brushed nylon. The double brushed poly was a strike off from So Cheeky Fabrics. They are offering prints on brushed poly for the first time. The pre-order price is $18/yard and closes on November 16th.



This is the colorful honeycomb print. I love how rich and vibrant the print is. The coloring has a grunge effect so the colors are splotchy in the design. I think this makes for an interesting print.




I paired it with brushed nylon from Zenith & Quasar. I love this fabric. It's so soft and silky feeling. It has great stretch and drapes so good.


And I made my 3rd Margot in stretch velvet from Zenith & Quasar in my favorite color - green.


I'm going to wear this with some skinny jeans and boots to the Boys & Girls Club benefit dinner & auction. It's a great combination of dressy yet casual.




This velvet is so lovely and comes in 10 colors. It has great 4-way stretch. I've already made leggings and a raglan with lace sleeves with it. It will be $12/yard at retail and will be posted on Friday, November 11th at noon Eastern. Purchase at www.zenithandquasar.com


If you enjoyed my post - please follow me on Facebook at www.facebook.com/capturecraftcook

Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment