Sew Straight & Gather Andromeda Top & Dress

I've been on Terri's tester team for awhile and this is my first pattern test for her. This is the Andromeda Top & Dress. And it's amazing!

he sale for it is also Amazing and Storewide - All patterns are $5! And that's Canadian dollars - it's a little cheaper for us Americans. Buy it and all other patterns HERE.

I made the banded shirt version. I have to say - I was really wanting to do the regular swingy hem version, but so glad I did this one.

I normally shy away from anything fitted at or near my midsection. But this top does some slimming magic! I feel like I look 10 pounds skinnier in this top. I feel so fabulous in it.

My friend Bryan was my personal photographer for these photos. He did a great job and I just love how they came out.

I made this top with Eggplant Rayon Spandex graciously provided by Mandy Picky at Made Whimsy. Mandy is a local Texas gal and has a great selection of fabrics at www.youmadesomething.com 


The eggplant Rayon Spandex has a lovely weight and creates such a gorgeous drape for this top. The best part is the price - only $6.52/yard! Buy it HERE.


I made the shirt according to the pattern and the sleeves were a little long for my short - 5' tall frame.



So, on the next one, I shortened the sleeves about an inch and a half at the top and tapered it down to about the halfway point.


I used some of my hoarded Vintage Books from Zenith & Quasar for this one. The fabric is a poly spandex and gives the sleeves slightly more structure.


Sleeves are the perfect length this time!



I encourage you to check out this pattern and all the options. Be sure to look at the tester photos. The dress version is gorgeous! There is also a kids version.


No comments:

Post a Comment