Halla Felicity Dress

Halla Patterns are amazing. They are so easy to get the perfect fit with the rule guides at all the important places (bust, waist, and hips). They also come out with so many options, that it's always hard for me to pick which to try first. The new Felicity Dress is fabulous! Since we are going into winter, I opted to make a peplum version with the plain bodice and long sleeves. I can't wait for Summer to make a few maxi skirt versions.

The Felicity Dress has 2 bodice options, plain and gathered. You can also finish the neckline be lining the bodice, using a facing, or a band. I did a band since I used a scuba knit and thought a band would give me the sleekest finish.



There are also two options for the waist band, a foldover waist band, or a double layered gathered band. I went with the foldover waistband. I'm 5' tall and found the foldover waistband to be too tall for me as I had to fiddle with it to get it to look right. If I do the foldover band again, I'll definitely make it shorter.



I also took 4" out of the sleeve length. I added the cuffs at the height in the pattern and it gave me a perfect length for my sleeves. In addition to "regular" sleeves, there is also a Bishop sleeve. I cannot wait to try the Bishop sleeves!



The peplum skirt is gathered a the waist and the gathers are hidden by the foldover waistband. In addition to the peplum, there is a pencil skirt, and a full length gathered skirt, and a knee length gathered skirt.



I also love the back. The lower neckline in back is an interesting detail. In addition, you can mix and match the bodice and skirt with the Carefree and Bliss Dresses for even more options! All digital patterns are on sale for 20% off with the code FELICITY. Halla Patterns now has the option to purchase printed patterns, but these are not included in the sale.

UPDATE! Halla Patterns is having a Christmas Sale and all patterns are 40% off with the code Jolly through December 25th at midnight PST!

Follow me on Instagram and Facebook!

No comments:

Post a Comment