Happy New Year!

Happy New Year! I hope 2018 is a fantastic year for all. I'm not one for New Year's Resolutions, but I am one to give myself a challenge for the New Year. This year, I have joined the 2018 Ready to Wear Fast!


For the next 365 days, I will not be purchasing any ready to wear (RTW) clothing for myself. This does not include shoes, socks, bras, and underwear. I will be making any and all clothes that I need this year. My husband doesn't see this as very challenging for me as I probably bought less than 10 RTW items this past year.

You can read more about the 2018 RTW Fast HERE. And maybe you will want to join too. There are many big sponsors and many monthly prizes up for grabs.

I've also joined the 52 Week Sewing Challenge. This shows all the sponsors.

No automatic alt text available.

I'm hoping that the 52 Week Sewing Challenge forces me to sew different things or to think outside the box a bit. Each week has a theme for what you are to sew. This first week is something soft or warm. The them is for fun, and even if you make something for the week that wasn't to the theme, you are still entered for a weekly prize! Join the Facebook Group HERE!

This past year I did the 2017 100 item challenge. This group was to encourage you to make 100 items in a year. It broke the 100 items down to 8 per month. As you made your items, you added them to your personal album. Then at the end of the month, you would make a collage or do a screenshot of your album and add the photo to that month's entry post. The rules are pretty much the same this year. Join the 2018 ~ 100 Items Sewing Challenge on Facebook HERE!

Here's a look at 10 items I made this year. These were just easy to grab photos at random.











I made so many things with strike offs this year that while I loved the item, it really wasn't me or maybe it was the pattern wasn't a good fit for me. I will be doing a lot less strike offs this year and hopefully do more pattern testing or just focusing on sewing many of the patterns I have aquired over time. I plant to have a big sale of all my items that I've cleaned out of my closet that as Marie Kondo would say - just don't bring me joy. So be sure to look out for my sale album going up on my Facebook page. Everything will be priced at $15 or less. Many items will be $5 and I even have some that will be free.

I have a big list of items that I want to make this year. I want to make myself a coat/jacket, real jeans with a zippered fly, more dress slacks/pants for work, and more solid colored pieces that coordinate with some of my crazy print tops & bottoms I made this past year. What's on your sewing list this year?


Follow me on Instagram and Facebook!


No comments:

Post a Comment