Week ending January 2, 2022

The end of December was unseasonably warm. It was near or at 80 and my husband and I got a lot of work done outside. I got a greenhouse set up in my garage with a grow light and just in time for the freezing Temps that came with the start of the New Year. 

I took the Dresden plate i found in my sewing stuff and placed it on a Sweatshirt fir my mother in law. She works with kids and really loves Dr. Seuss. I made her a shirt with a Dresden plate as the back neckline 8 years ago in this same fabric. I made these plates first and found them too small for a plus size shirt neckline, so I had to enlarge the pattern and make new ones. These work perfectly for the front of a top as they are smaller. 



Here's a closeup. My Bernina sewing machine has some great Patchwork stitches and I love the extra detail they give to appliques.


I photographed and blogged about my Chantli quilt top- pattern by Jess Poemape.  


I packed up my sewing room to go to my momom'house for a week. 


I arrived on January 1 at my mom's house and took over her dining room.   First thing I did was embroider blocks for my temperature quilt - I need to snap a photo of those. 


Then my mom had a few projects for me. One was to applique this warner brothers embroidery from an old Sweatshirt onto a new one. Here's a photo I took as I trimmed away the old Sweatshirt. It took a bit of patience,  but I got all the nave Sweatshirt cut off for the most part. 


Then my mom wanted some shirt extenders. I made her two lace ones. We might make a few more. 


I'll have to see what else my mother has planned for me. I'll probably work on my temperature quilt a little. It's the only sewing project I brought for myself. 



No comments:

Post a Comment