Week ending January 9, 2022

I spent last week with my mom.  She had cataract surgery and I served as her chauffeur and food delivery service. I packed up some sewing machines and set up shop in her dining room.


She had a few projects for me. I had to put a warner brothers embroidery from one Sweatshirt and applique it onto another Sweatshirt. 


I also made a few lacy top extender things. 


I took my temperature quilt to work on. I got all my month markers and my temperature scale embroidered. 


I also embroidered the year on a solid piece of black. I'm not sure I like it. But it's too late now, I'm not changing it. 


My months are a bit small, but they will do.  It's hard to see January on here, but I kinda like it that way. 


I trimmed blocks going to June 13th. I sewed blocks together through February. I'll hope to catch up soon and finish it. 


I came home on Saturday and pulled fabric for my next quilt pattern test 


I took my mom to her favorite thrift store on Friday and found this miniature quilt rack. Now I need to make mini quilts to put on it. 


I plan to casually participate in the Cut it Up QAL with Molli Sparkles. I found his IG recently and his quilts are fun and inspiring. The idea of the QAL is to cut into your good stuff - those prized fabrics that you are saving for the perfect project. It spoke to me as its something I've written about here as I hot back into quilting. When I moved I got rid of a lot of fabric. I held onto some spe I'll stuff and everything I had, had been Saved waiting for the perfect pattern.  Well, who knows what the perfect pattern is until you sew it. I also have come to realize that I can always buy more fabric.





No comments:

Post a Comment