Week ending January 30, 2022

I managed to be productive this week and was able to get 2 quilt tops completed and finished a quilt that was in my WIP pile. Below are bits and pieces of my First Bloom Quilt Pattern test for Kelly Renay. 

Here's my flying geese waiting to be sewn into rows for my Blue Grotto Quilt Pattern I'm testing for Lifting Limits Quilting. 

Here's my First Bloom Quilt Top! 


All my rows for the Blue Grotto. 


On Saturday I made a trip to Urban Spools to puck up my fifth Saturday bag and filled it with two Ruby Star Society Quilt Backs and three Anna Maria Horner prints. I only got a yard each of the AMH prints. I'm really trying to be good. 


Here's a sneak peek of my finished Blue Grotto Quilt top.  I'll share more photos and info soon when the pattern is released. This was my first pattern to sew that uses templates. My points are off and my quilt is a bit wonky, but I love how it turned out.  If I have some time, I'm going to try to make at least two partial rows of another one to check if making the flying geese slightly larger helps. 


I came home and immediately used the Navy Speckled quilt back from Ruby Star Society. This was my first time using one of their quilt backs. It feels so luxurious. I used my yellow thread that I use for everything and love how it pops. I did simple quilting using my walking foot on my Bernina 770QE. 


I used one of my Satin tags from Ever Emblem for the first time. 


Check out the sparky message underneath. I wanted to include some cuss words, but my husband gave me that look that said - really? So I decided to be good and keep it PG. Next time I probably won't ask him for his opinion. I'll share more photos of this quilt soon in its own post when the pattern is released. 


I've been using this spool of yellow thread nearly nonstop since the beginning of 2020.  I feel like it's stayed the same size. 


I pulled out it's unused sister to check and I've actually made a pretty good dent in the 34000 yard spool! I wonder if I can finish it off before I turn 50? I'll be 46 this year. Hmm....


I finished the 20" size First Bloom Quilt and it's now going to be a kitty quilt. I would hang it on the wall, but I really don't have a spot for it. I've been toting it around the house and putting it anywhere the kitties like to lay. 


On Sunday I had a package delivery and it was my first one from Jaftex as a Brand Ambassador! I got these cute fabrics from Studio E Fabrics from the Seas the Day collection by Diane Eichler. They are so cute and I'll be using them in my next quilt pattern test. 


We have some cold weather coming this week and I'm hoping to make good progress on my Seas the Day fabrics and the Quilt I'm testing. 





No comments:

Post a Comment