Week ending February 27, 2022

This was a short work week for me with a holiday on Monday and I took Friday off. I have been working on a pattern test for Frannie B Quilt Co. and almost finished it by  the end of the day on Sunday. Here are my star points. This was the second quilt I've made using templates.  I arranged these in an attempt to show my login in selecting the fabrics. I started with the Octopus fabric and went  in a circle from  there going clockwise. 


The Nanette Quilt from Kelly Renay was released this week. See my previous blog post for all the details. 


I got photos of the Perfect Place Quilt I tested for Lifting Limits Quilting and am so in love with how it turned out. Here's a sneak peek.


The quilt I'm testing for Frannie B Quilt Company  is different than other's I have tested. The design  seems traditional but I'm giving it a modern vide with my fabric choices. I made a lot of these blocks and took the extra step to make them no waste. I now have a bunch of 2" half square triangles.


Making progress. You can see by bonus hafl square triangle in the upper left of the photo.


Finally have all the pieces laid out. 


My 2  youngest kitties, Smaug and Nia, celebrated their 4th birthday. Smaug love to cuddle under quilts so I made a kitty quilt sleeping bag. It's probably the most ridiculous thing I have ever made. But SMaug loves it and I'm probably going to make him another one, but slightly deeper. 


I think he would prefer that we not see him when he's inside it, but it hasn't stopped him from using it. 


I got all my subunits sewn together and after this photo, I got the rows assembled. I still need to finish sewing the blocks, then I can assemble the quilt. 


After I make all the blocks for my test for Frannie B Quilt Co., I plan to put them aside temporarily to work on another quilt pattern test. Assembling the Quilt top will not take long and is something I can finish in just an hour or two.






No comments:

Post a Comment