Week ending March 6, 2022

Last week I finished all my blocks for a quilt pattern I was testing for Frannie B Quilt Co so this week I started working on a test for Mix Measure Make Patterns.  I decided to make a scrappy version. And it took me a bit longer than usual to get my pieces cut out. It's hard to estimate yardage sometimes when using scraps. 


I had a discount code for 25% off at Spoonflower and ordered myself some of my designs to use as blenders in my quilts. I got them in the mail on Tuesday. 


I also took a break from quilt pattern testing to test a t-shirt pattern. I ca. Whip out a t-shirt in under an hour. 


I appreciate a great v-neck. 


Back to my quilt. Here's all my pieces cut out! 


I started sewing strips and sub-cutting.  


Since I used scraps, I sewed a few strips, cut them down, then sewed a few more. I actually had cut more strips than I needed. I was worried I was going to be short. 


I ended Sunday beginning to sew together tge first blocks! I'm hoping I can make good progress this week. This quilt has a lot of little pieces and will definitely take a bit longer than most. 





1 comment:

  1. Beautiful tee shirts! Also, I am eager to see progress on the quilt, as I love strip quilts.

    ReplyDelete