Week ending March 20, 2022

I had a busy week! I had 2 "normal" blog posts this week. This coming week is going to be extremely busy as well. The Blue Grotto Quilt by Lifting Limits Quilting was released and I was so excited to finally share my version. See that Blog Post HERE

I am loving being an ambassador for Jaftex Fabrics and I got a package in the mail from them for a challenge we have coming up. They sent a variety of "blender" fabrics for me to have on hand to use as they send me future collections to work on.   The card that was enclosed was so cute. I think I will frame the front and hang it in my sewing room.  


We will be doing a challenge this Spring using the Creative Grids 6" Scrap Crazy templates and got a booklet on pattern idea by Karen Montgomery. I'm excited for the challenge and already have an  idea in mind. Now I just have to wait and see what fabrics I am sent. 


I ordered myself a rotating cutting mat! As I work on my pattern test for Mix Measure Make, I thought it might make life easier when trimming blocks. 

Just working away on some four at a time flying geese.


Finally have all my flying geese made!


I also had a blog post for a t-shirt pattern that released - The  Bondi 22 and Add-on Sleeve pack from Sinclair Patterns. Read that post HERE


On Friday I went to Stitchhouse for Fun Friday! They had 35% off all fabric and it was definitely a good time for me to buy a few wide quilt backs. I eyed those gorgeous Melody Miller floral ones but couldn't decide which one to get! But I'm going back this coming week to take my machine in for a repair and they will still be on sale so I will grab one then.  


After ironing all my flying geese I had to snap a few photos. 



I laid out my pieces to start making units and realized that I had not made all the half square triangle that I needed. I had the fabrics already cut. I just hadn't sewn them. And I'm not sure why....


I had to wash a pillow size version of a quilt to take photos. Smaug loves sleeping with this little mini quilt. The post for it will be live on March 22. But the pattern is already available in a sneaky early release here


I really hope I can say that I'm done (or almost done) with my pattern test for Mix Measure Make next Sunday. I'm going to put away laundry and work on it a bit more before this Sunday ends. 

Have a great week everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment