Week ending October 1, 2023

It feels so good to finally get some stuff done this week. I used this week ho prep quilt backs and get some quilts cut out.  I save all my wideback scraps and sew them together for quilt backs. I added a stripe of leftover quilt blocks to this one. 

I got some toweling from Minerva. I need to make more hand towels for the bathroom. I somehow mange to discolor my towels and need new ones. 


I found out someone at my work had a baby and I cut out pieces for a quilt. 


While I was at it, I cut out pieces for a throw quilt. I accidentally read the directions wrong and have enough pieces for two!


I got the fabrics for my November project for Jaftex. It's the Nature's Affair collection for Henry Glass. 


I fired up my longarm this weekend and quilted 3 quilts! First was "The Lady" by Villa Rosa Designs. I used the Midnight Rendezvous collection for Blank Quilting.  

While it was being quilted, I sewed my HSTs for the baby quilt and throw. 

I then quilted my Dia de Los Muertos quilt I will be auctioning. I used a sugar skull pantograph and it took a long time to stitch, but so worth it. 

I took The Lady out for photos. 

And the Dia de Los Muertos quilt. 


I got my second Midnight Rendezvous quilt quilted and hope to bind it this coming week.


I am taking some time off this coming week. I hope to get all my quilt tops finished before the end of October. 

No comments:

Post a Comment