Made Whimsy Gobble Panel Using McCall's Pattern M6827

Here is another strike off I sewed up for Made Whimsy from You Made Something. This is the Gobble Gobble panel for Thanksgiving. I love the turquoise and orange together. This panel is on pre-order through Friday (09/04) and Mandy should have a few available for retail when it comes in. This panel is 18" by 22" making it good for kids or adults.


Since I made 2 adult items with the other strike offs from Mandy, I decided to make this one for a little girl. I looked through my patterns and found this McCall's tunic and legging pattern M6827. I decided view D would be perfect with this panel. 


I laid the front pattern piece on the panel and decided to cut the size 3. Here are all my pieces cut out. I used a Robert Kaufman Laguna Jersey knit for the coordinate. I purchased this in the Dallas Fabric District for $4/yard. It had the perfect shade of turquoise and orange that went perfectly with the panel.


The first step was to sew the contrast triangles onto the front piece. I used only the contrast for the back and the rest of the top.


Then the front and back were sewn together at the shoulders using my serger.


Then it was time to finished the neck. I used my coverstitch for this part.


Now to sew the sleeves onto the bodice with the serger.


Then I serged the side seams. Last step is to hem it. Due to the pointy sides, I serged the hem to finish it, then folded the hem and sewed it with the sewing machine.


Here is the finished top.



I wish it was my size - it's so cute!

This will be in the Weekly Auction for Gwen Edwards: Cancer Warrior. Join the group and bid on this item October 26th. It's for a great cause.

Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment