Made Whimsy Starry Nights with Lights Greenstyle Laurel Dress

There's a new custom group and guess what? They are in Frisco - about 20 miles from where I live. The group is Made Whimsy and is owned by Mandy Pickle of You Made Something. Mady gave me a few strike offs to sew from her winter round. She carries a lot of fabric in her online store along with the custom preorders. Find her store at www.youmadesomething.com.

Her custom knits are printed on a 95% cotton 5% spandex base. It's 220 gsm and 58" wide. It's soft and has great stretch and recovery in every direction. I love that her selvage has her company info on it.

Here is starry nights with lights.


I decided to try a new pattern for these fabrics. I used the Greenstyle Laurel Tunic or Dress pattern and decided to do the dress.


Here are all my pieces cut out. The design was too high on the panel and not quite wide enough, but I made some adjustments to make it work.


First the front and back bodice were sewn together. I had to add the bottom of the panel to the top of the panel for some extra height. The back piece was cut longer on the sides to make up for the panel width being a little too narrow. I also cut the neckline higher to make sure I didn't cover the design.


Now to sew the sleeves.


The sleeves are then sewn onto the bodice.


Bodice with sleeves.


Now to sew the neck together.


Then the neck was folded in half and sewn to the neckline.


Now to work on the skirt. First I basted the pleats. I did pleats in the front and back. You can do the back flat as well.


Then sew the skirt front and back together. and attach it to the bodice.


Skirt is not attached to the bodice.


I then hemmed it and it was done.







I love how this dress turned out. If you are wondering why I'm not modeling it like I do everything else, well this one is being donated for an auction. It will be in the Weekly Auction for Gwen Edwards: Cancer Warrior. Gwen is in her 4th year of fighting cancer. Gwen has a blog about her journey, it's frank, open, and honest.

This dress is a size large. If you love it, join the auction group and bid on it. This will be up for auction October 26th.

Thanks!
Aimee

No comments:

Post a Comment