Boss Lady Fabrics Floral Brushed Poly

I am now a brand rep for Boss Lady Fabrics. I'll have a post every Saturday of something new that I've made with their fabrics. 

If you've never heard of Boss Lady Fabrics before - here's a little rundown. It's run by Boss Lady Nicole Hardisty. She hunts down great deals on fabric and brings them to the masses. You can get just about anything from her, and at a great price. Be sure to join the Facebook Group to be the first to know about sales and new arrivals. Make your purchases from her online shop at http://www.sewlikeaboss.com/

Here's my first item. This pink floral brushed poly was the first fabric from my box of goodies from Nicole that I decided to sew up. 


I told Nicole that I'm not a huge fan or florals. I think she took that as a personal challenge and only sent me florals. But I'll admit - I did like what she sent.


About a week before I received this fabric, I had gone through my box of HTV scraps and cut out a bunch of designs. My plan was to weed them all while I was on vacation. But when I was this fabric, I went looking through all the designs I cut to see what color I had used for this design from Thread & Grain. It just so happened that I had used a light blue that matched the blue flowers in this print perfectly!


 I used a solid cream cotton lycra from Made Whimsy for the body of my shirt. The baby blue HTV is hard to read in the photos, but it shows a sewing machine with the words "I make pretty things". You can buy the cut file here or buy it as an iron on transfer from Thread & Grain.


The pattern for my shirt is the Hamburg Dolman from Shwin Designs. It's become a new favorite of mine. I already have about 5 in my closet.


Check out Boss Lady Fabrics and take advantage of Nicole's great deals. You won't be disappointed.  

No comments:

Post a Comment