You might wonder - what is Me Made May? Well, it's a personal challenge. You can make your pledge whatever you want. You can sign up here - http://sozowhatdoyouknow.blogspot.co.uk/2018/04/me-made-may-18-sign-up-here.html
Here's a little info copied from the So, Zo What do you know blog...
What is Me-Made-May?
Taking part in #MMMay18 can help you...
- to start integrating your self-made items into your regular wardrobe rotation.
- get out of a wardrobe rut by focusing on your lesser-worn items and creating new outfits that include them.
- find out what the 'holes' in your wardrobe are so that you are able to use your garment-creating time more usefully in the future.
- begin wearing the clothes that you really want to be seen in, rather than the same old things you usually reach for most mornings.
- enjoy the excuse to finish off any lingering UFOs (unfinished objects), or to finally start a project that has been on your mind for ages.
- discover what the rest of this large community of makers has created and is wearing in their day-to-day lives, and enjoy the support, advice and inspiration that they will provide.
I already wear items I made nearly every day. In May, I make a concerted effort to make sure I do wear items I made everyday. I'm also using this month to go through my closet and figure out what I really wear and love. I'll wear items that have been hiding in the back of my closet, and deciding if they are something I really enjoy wearing, or if I should remove it from my wardrobe. My hope is that I will, at the end of the month, purge those items from my closet and I'll put them up for sale on my Facebook page or I might try Instagram.
If you are interested in seeing what I wear each day this month, follow me on Instagram at www.instagram.com/sewingscientist
I hope you join me in making a Me Made May pledge!
Follow me on Instagram and Facebook!
Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links. These links provide me with a small compensation if you make a purchase using my link. There is not cost to you when you do this. My thoughts and opinions given in this blog post are mine.