Week Ending September 12, 2021

It's been a long short week. So much has happened, and not all of it was good.  

I did get to spend a lot of time sewing.  

On Labor Day I went to a fabric Sale in someone's backyard with my friend Sherry.  I was good and bought only 5 one yard cuts. 


I got to work on the George +Ginger Janis Top using some jersey knit I picked up at Mood when I was there for G+G hitting the runway at New York Fashion Week. 


Smaug wanted to help me sew.


I'm working hard on my Deltille Quilt (Pattern by Running Stitch Quilts). I have a 108" wide backing on the way from Minerva and I want to get it done by the time the backing arrives. 

I took my Entropy Quilt (pattern by Squats and Running Stitches) out for photos. Only to realize that I forgot my camera and had to resort to using my phone. 

I also took my finished Retrogradient Quilt (Pattern coming soon from Needle Down Chin Up). I'll share more photos of it soon in its own blog post.  

Then I was going to take photos of my Janis Top, but the remote to my camera is missing.  I haven't used it since May! After tearing up my sewing room looking for it, I ordered another on Amazon.  Better photos and a blog post coming soon for this too.  


I also got this cute tee in the mail from Ruthlessly Handmade. 

I took off from work Friday.  That morning I worked in the yard, dropped my phone and cracked the screen.. I'll get a new one in 14 days when I'm eligible for an upgrade. I picked up my mom's Quilt from the longarmer and it looks beautiful. Here's the back.


And a quilt swirl for the front. 


On Friday I saw Sharon (Sweet Mama Life) and we had such a good time catching up on work. Kids, and sewing. I left her house with fabric! I told her I'm planning on making these cute Patchwork Pumpkins -pattern from Sew Hungry Hippie.


I ended the week almost done with my Deltille Quilt Blocks! 

Hopefully the coming week has fewer mishaps. I'm already thinking I might need to plan to take a day off just to chill soon. 

No comments:

Post a Comment